The PADI OWSI (Open Water Scuba Instructor) course is the second part of the IDC and the essential step to becoming a PADI instructor. Here, the teaching skills are further expanded and refined. New themes are added. You will gradually get to know the entire PADI system and get a lot of information about linking courses, risk management and the marketing of diving. After completing the OWSI portion of the IDC, you are perfectly prepared for a successful participation in the PADI Instructor Examination (IE).
As a PADI OWSI, you are entitled to train PADI courses from taster diving to divemaster. You can also teach and breveze the special course “Tarking to Perfection” and the AWARE PRograms. And many more special PADI Instructor courses are open to you as an Open Water cuba instructor.
Duration: 5 days.
To participate in the PADI OWSI course you need
- PADI Guide to Teaching
- PADI Instructor Manual, latest edition
- Aquatic Cue Cards for OWD Confined Water and Open Water
- Special course elaborations “Targeting to Perfection” and “Project Aware”
- OWD Manual, Adventures in Diving Manual, DM-Manual, OWD Quizzes & Exams, Final Check Rescue Diver, Final Check Divemaster
- Aquatic Cue Cards for OWD Confined Water and Open Water and Rescue Diver
Prerequisites for participating in the PADI OWSI course:
Min.18 Years, Assistant Instructor with current membership, proof of HLW training no older than one year (e.g. ERA), current medical certificate, own equipment. Warning: To participate in the exam, the candidate must be certified as an EFA instructor. Look for the package deals.
Duration: 5 days (+ 2 days exam)
PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
Plus. Materials and PADI fees